God’s Top Ten Mighty Works
Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works! Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice! Psalm 105:1-3
Together with you we called upon the name of the Lord to work mightily in the lives of pastoral couples through our recent two conferences in Belarus and Cuba. HE DID and we want to share ten ways how!
1. God made a way for our team to go to Belarus even though they faced several significant hurdles trying to traveling and obtaining their visas.
2. Multiple pastoral couples spoke of the significant ways that God has used Shepherd’s Support International to change their life, their ministry and their marriage over the past 5 years.
3. God inspired several of the pastors by giving us the courage to come and honor them during such tenuous times.
4. God used each of the speaking team members to have a significant impact: David and Beth with family and marriage questions; Olimjon and Aysultan with communication and conflict resolution; Pastor Will through scriptural messages in 1Thessalonians. These were a great encouragement to the couples.
5. God worked in the life of one particular couple who came to the conference on the brink of divorce. However, through the teaching, counseling and a commitment to ongoing interaction with one of our team members, they left with renewed hope.
6. God made a way for our team and all of the pastoral couples to arrive at the conference center despite the lack of fuel and transportation throughout the island. Many had to hitchhike, but they made it.
7. God provided a restful environment and delicious food, which was a miracle every day since food is so hard to get.
8. God united our diverse styles, stories and teaching team members from Chicago, San Antonio and Peru to speak into to lives of each couple about “Living a Life of Faithfulness in the Midst of Suffering.” It is always amazing to see how He does this.
9. God worked in the life of one pastor who asked if he could publicly confess his sin of neglect and ask forgiveness from his wife. It was a beautiful God moment that modeled humility and forgiveness to all of us.
10. God powerfully worked in each participant’s heart to change the deep discouragement that was felt coming into the conference, into a renewed sense of purpose and hope in ministry and love for one another as a couple by the end of the week.
A few of the participant comments from Cuba
God is very generous. He brought you all the way here with a very special mission. You encouraged our lives and ministries. You challenged us to love what we do more, including giving better attention to our marriage and family. Thank you brothers and sisters. God is glorified. – Eladio
I can only describe this week as an answer to prayer. – Yuliet
I have been able to remember and feel that God is with me. It has revitalized our marriage. We have received strength to press on. It has made us meditate on the value of our calling. – Ariel
I leave for home committed to be the wife, mother, and daughter that God desires for me. The week has been a gift from heaven. – Yuderkys
Ways You Can Pray!
- Ask God to speak into the lives of the pastoral couples as they continue to reflect upon the lessons learned last week and the application of these truths into their marriage, family and ministry.
- Pray for God to raise up a new generation of spiritual leaders with a passion to serve Christ and make disciples.
- Pray for God’s gracious provision in the ordinary and necessary needs of daily life.
God provided the resources, the prayer support, and most importantly His presence to bless these faithful men and women who serve Him and His Kingdom mission so that others might hear the Gospel and have a living hope through faith in Jesus Christ.
Thank you for joining us in multiplying God’s Kingdom work!