Jesus is Enough!
“When I came to you, brothers, I did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.” 1Corinthians 2:1-2
Some needed rest, some needed renewal in their marriage and others needed to be still and hear from God. Other participants needed healing from the wounds of losing children, homes and land from the war.
You prayed, we prayed, others prayed and God showed up in so many wonderful ways to remind us that we belong to Christ alone. We are united as brothers and sisters, members of His kingdom and not of this world.
It was a joy to welcome the 48 couples for a week that focussed on what it means to live for the Kingdom of God. It was clear to us from the beginning that COVID and a recent difficult war weighed heavy in the hearts and minds of many of these ministry leaders. The Kingdom of God was a topic that hit home for everyone. Rick and Diana looked at this from the perspective of our marriage. Rick also taught on our identity in the Kingdom, the unity that we have in Christ and the characteristics of people who finish well in the Kingdom of God from Ephesians 4:1-6. .
Will taught on the disciplines of Christians and ministers in the Kingdom of God. He also challenged us all to prepare well for the challenges that lie ahead as the kingdoms of earth clash with the Kingdom of God. In addition, Will had the blessing of preaching in two different churches on the Sunday before and after the training conference. He encouraged the us all with the importance of using our gifts to fan the flame anew and to serve the body of Christ well.
We concluded our time together with a very special time of communion. It was a strong reminder that in the Kingdom of God, we are one in Christ regardless of our local church affiliation. We thank God for demonstrating His presence and provision throughout the training.
This is what we witnessed through Christ; Let our refrain be, “Jesus is enough!”
- God held back one of our teaching team couples from coming with us at the last minute, protecting them from a medical emergency while on the trip. They joined us as great prayer warriors instead. Jesus is enough!
- God healed Will completely from a shoulder injury that would have kept him from joining us. Jesus is enough!
- God made a way of safe passage without incident through all our travels. Jesus is enough!
- God supplied our strength, stamina and united our teaching. Jesus is enough!
- God protected the health of all the participants. Jesus is enough!
- God’s presence was experienced in our times of prayer, worship, conversations and teaching. Jesus is enough!
- God beautifully advanced our unity within His Kingdom. We gathered as one in Christ from diverse church affiliations. Jesus is enough!
- God’s loving care was upon each couple as they renewed their marriage commitments. Jesus is enough!
- God healed wounds from the war and restored hope and joy. Jesus is enough!
Dear Rick and Diana,
I trust this finds you well.
It has been a great joy and blessing to attend the couples conference of Shepherds` support last week. My wife and I have returned from the event very much refreshed and blessed. The conference gave us fresh energy and drive to continue to serve the Lord and also gave us new friends we found among other ministers of the body of Christ. I would like to note that in Armenia there are no other events where the whole body of Christ is represented, beside your conference, and it was a real blessing to experience that. I can assure that your ministry and heart for unity is resulting in dialogue and acceptance among different denominations and churches of Armenia, a fruit of love we all desperately need for today. I think these good fruits are very much connected to all of the teachers personally as you shared your heart, wisdom and genuine love with everybody despite of his or her denominational affiliation.
The subjects of the conference are a different matter worthy to mention as well. They were well chosen and communicated and we found them very insightful and practical at the same time. They gave us both a wide perspective of the Kingdom and detailed explanation of our roles in it as husbands and wifes. Thank you for your hard work for The King Jesus!
Let me finish with this and on behalf of all participants thank you personally and all staff of the Shepherds` Support for the love and encouragement we received abundantly to carry the great work of reaching the nations with the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Looking forward to your next visit and for another great time together in the Lord.
Blessings and Love. Yours in Jesus, Karen and Linda
Ways you can continue to Pray
- Thank the Lord with us for a fantastic week and for the blessing of His presence.
- Pray for the Lord to continue the good work that he began in each participant and to preserve the unity that we have in Christ.
- Pray for these pastoral couples to press on in their faith and witness to the world around them as ambassadors of God’s Kingdom.
Dear friends we can not thank you enough for your faithful prayers and support for us and our Armenian brothers and sisters! Praise the Lord with us for His gracious response.
Thank you so much,